Wedderburn Pioneer Caravan Park is committed to ensuring that your privacy is maintained to the full extent of the law and in your best interests. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth of Australia) and the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act.
In the course of our activities we collect and hold personal information of Wedderburn Pioneer Caravan Park clients and registered users of our website and services. Our main purposes for collecting that personal information are: to keep our subscriber database up to date, to provide information and details of news and industry of interest, and to monitor the services used by our clients and users of the Wedderburn Pioneer Caravan Park website.
We will only collect personal information from you that is necessary for one or more of our functions and activities. We will only collect personal information from you by lawful and fair means such as via registration forms, questionnaires, and forms for collection of data for analysis on your behalf.
We will take reasonable steps to inform you why we are collecting personal information, what will happen if you do not provide personal information to us and who we may provide the information to.
* Where reasonable and practicable, we will only collect your personal information from you.
* To the extent that it is lawful and practicable we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or and personal information when entering transactions with us
* We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Use and Disclosure
We will only use your personal data information for the main purpose we have told you except where you have otherwise provide permission, or where it is permitted or required by law, or we reasonably believe it is necessary on health or public safety grounds to use the personal information for another purpose.
Where practicable we will seek your consent before we use your personal information for the provision of Wedderburn Pioneer Caravan Park product and marketing information - for example by e-mail or post. You may tell us at any time you do not wish to receive any further marketing materials – if you do, we will stop sending you such materials.
Access and Correction
On application we will provide the personal information we hold about you and what we do with it. According to your request we will provide direct access for your inspection or provide printed or electronic copies of data and information held.
We will take reasonable steps to correct any inaccuracies of data and information that you report to us.
Applications to provide data should be written and provided via posted letter or e-mail. We reserve the right to refuse requests that are frivolous or unreasonable or that might compromise the privacy of other clients.
We will protect your personal information and data from misuse and loss. If requested we will destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if you are no longer a client or registered user of our services.
Client files and computer database information is only accessible to authorised personnel and is appropriately secured. Data is backed up regularly and stored securely off site.
Personal information will be kept in accordance with the Public Records Office standards.
Our website utilises cookies to provide you with a better user experience. Cookies also allow us to identify your browser while you are using our site – they do not identify you. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can instruct your web browser to refuse them.
Please contact us if at any time you have any complaints in relation to privacy. If you wish to take matters further you may refer your concerns to the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.
Wedderburn Pioneer Caravan Park can be contacted via our Contact Page
Further information on privacy is available from the Office of the Australian Federal Privacy Commission at http://www.privacy.gov.au
Except when acknowledged to be the work of other parties within the website, all website design, text, graphics, look and feel, method of operation and the selection and arrangement thereof is Copyright Wedderburn Pioneer Caravan Park, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Permission is granted to electronically copy and to print in hard copy portions of this site for personal and private use as an informational resource provided that ALL copies retain the copyright and any other proprietary notices contained on the materials. Any other use of materials on this website, including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, distribution, republication, transmission, re-transmission, modification, or public showing whether for gain or otherwise, is strictly prohibited unless stated otherwise on a given page.
Use of Materials
Personal use of this website is subject to the following conditions:
The documents, text, graphics, photographs, XHTML code, CSS code, or materials may be used solely for personal, non-commercial, and informational purposes.
The documents, text, photographs, XHTML code, CSS code, or materials may not be modified.
Copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices may not be removed.
You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design or layout of the website, individual elements of the website design, or logos, or programming code including the XHTML and CSS code.
Commercial use of the website materials and screen shots, reproduction, copying or redistribution for commercial purposes of any materials or design elements on the website is strictly prohibited.
Use, reproduction, copying, or redistribution of the 'Wedderburn Pioneer Caravan Park' logo, except as used to provide a link to the home page of this web site (http://www.pioneercaravanpark.com.au/), is strictly prohibited.
Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Information and documents provided on this website are provided 'as is' without any warranty.
Wedderburn Pioneer Caravan Park, does not make any representations as to the accuracy or completeness of information or advice contained on this website. Your use of this website and its materials is at your own risk. By your use of this website you agree that it is reasonable that Wedderburn Pioneer Caravan Park, and the other parties involved in creating and delivering this website's contents are not liable for any damages arising from use of this site, including (without limitation) direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property, damages for personal injury and claims of third parties.
This website (excluding linked sites) is controlled and operated by Wedderburn Pioneer Caravan Park, from an office within Australia. It can be accessed from other countries around the world. As each of these countries has laws that may differ from those of Australia, by accessing this website both you and Wedderburn Pioneer Caravan Park, agree that the statutes and laws of the state of Victoria, Australia, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to use of this website.
You and Wedderburn Pioneer Caravan Park, also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian Courts.
Deluxe self-contained cabin
The self-contained cabin is the ideal for a large family or group of friends. It offers a queen size bed in the main bedroom and two bunks in the second bedroom. A fold out sofa bed in the lounge areas enables the cabin to accommodate 8 guests. There is a spacious kitchen, dining and lounge area featuring fridge, cooking facilities and dishwasher. Excellent modern accommodation.
The Spacious Cabin is the ideal, roomy cabin for the family contemplating an extended stay. It offers a queen size bed in a separate bedroom and two bunks for others. There is a spacious lounge and kitchen area complete with fridge and cooking facilities. The verandah on the front of the cabin makes an ideal place to sit and enjoy a coffee while watching the world go by.
Two spacious self contained, en-suite cabins with air conditioning and heating. Both cabins have a TV and microwave, full sized fridge, double bed and separate room with two sets of bunks. Each cabin can accommodate up to six people.
There are many attractions in and around Wedderburn for the tourist to see. Whether you are here for a day or a week, there are many places to visit to fill your time.
Around town there is The Lonely Grave, many significant historical buildings, not to mention the historical cottage in the caravan park grounds.
Further afield you will find the Kooyoora State Park, gold diggings, numerous 4WD tours and delightful country hotels and wineries. Just ask us. We know all the secrets of our area and we would love to share them with you.
After taking a poll of Wedderburn Pioneer Caravan Park visitors, we found the following activities had brought them.
1. To take a welcome break during a long journey. They appreciated our quiet, clean and peaceful environment which is situated off the main road.
2. Gold detectors and fossickers find our caravan park comfortable and conveniently located in the Golden Triangle. The claim that 80% of all the major gold nuggets found in the world have been found in a 40 kilometre radius of Wedderburn brings many gold seekers to Wedderburn, many of whom stay in our park.
Miners Rights and Gold and Relic Site maps can be conveniently purchased from us. Fossickers have also found crystals in the Sunday Morning Hills, areas around Rheola or Melvilles Caves.
The Wedderburn Annual Gold Festival, held on the Labor Day weekend in March each year also brings many visitors to the park. Accommodation for this event is at a premium so you need to book early to secure your cabin or site.
3. Cyclists and walkers, who like following "The Major Mitchell' trail or journeying around our Shire looking at the many historical buildings or even bridges. The bridges in the Kingower area, (some reputedly built by convicts) excite much interest and the brick work under the bridges is said to be a delight. The local fauna and flora is also appreciated during these journeys. Our town has a popular and well appointed walking track in very attractive surrounds.
4. Ornithologists, will find the bird life around Wedderburn and the surrounding areas a draw card. There are an enormous number of species to investigate amongst the wide and varied habitat the area offers. Visit the Bush Heritage Pages for more information on just one project occurring in the area.
5. Rock climbers and people who like orienteering, find the area of Mt Kooyoora State Park and Melvilles caves ideal. An absolutely fantastic resource right on Wedderburn's doorstep that offers a wide variety of recreational activities including birdwatching, abseiling, bushwalking, and even great drives through the Park. You can also enjoy a picnic at the well appointed areas.
For more information you can visit Climbing Victoria, Parks Victoria and Walkabout.
6. Observers of historic aboriginal sites at Mt Korong and the Granites where rock wells can be found, as well as truly remarkable rock formations that you just wouldn't believe.
7. Sightseers, who enjoy driving through the rapidly growing areas of our grape and olive growing industries – with cellar door visits a must.
Local products can also be purchased at our Tourism Information Centre found in the historical site of the former Local Primary school.
The tourism office is open 7 days a week between the hours of (9:00am – 5pm)
These products include
- Cold pressed olive oil.
- Olive oil lip balm,
- Eucy oil,
- Award winning Simply Tomatoes,
- McIntyres's Run relish and jams,
- Boutique salts,
- Local schools' cookbooks as well as locally handmade knitted garments.
8. Artists, who arrive to photograph or paint our magnificently stark forests, wonderful trees, landscapes and stunning sunsets and sunrises. Visitors also appreciate the changing scene of our own local artists displayed at the Loddon Art Gallery situated in the main street.
9. Historians, documenting histories of gold seeking families or family trees find visiting our Museum and Historical Society a wonderful mine of information. Our historical cemeteries also offer a glimpse into the past. The two lonely graves situated in town are of interest as well as the original miners' cottages that can still be viewed in Tantalla Street.
10. Golfers, bowlers and tennis players attending annual tournaments, who often use our park to rest, recover and socialize around the under cover barbeque.
11. Workers and visiting business people, who often use our spacious cabins as their base.
12. Caravanning club members, who enjoy visiting all the many attractions Wedderburn and the Loddon Shire has to offer. You can visit the Shire's web site for more information.
As you can see, Wedderburn offers a multitude of reasons to come and visit. Whatever your interest, we are sure we've got you covered with the diversity that is Wedderburn, so come and see us soon.
The Pioneer Caravan Park in Wedderburn is nestled in peaceful, magnificent surrounds on the site of the former Wedderburn Botanical Gardens and is well endowed with many different trees and shrubs.
The park is an ideal location for a quiet and restful stay, within easy walking distance to local shops and facilities.
Your host, caretaker Greg Williams, welcomes you to experience the full range of facilities offered by the 3 star rated park which include:-
- EFTPOS available.
- Two en-suite cabins with air conditioning/heating, TV and microwave, full sized fridge, double bed and separate room with two sets of bunks, each cabin accommodating 6 people.
- One spaious cabin with two separate sleeping areas, en-suite, full-size kitchen, digital TV, CD player, reverse cycle air-conditioning, ironing board and iron, deck and outdoor seating, ideal family accommodation for weekend or an extended stay.
- One deluxe self-contained cabin with two separate sleeping areas, full-size kitchen and bathroom, dining and lounge, laundry, deck, sleeping up to 8 guests, ideal family accommodation for a weekend or extended stay.
- 60 powered sites
- Drive through sites
- Large number of un-powered and spacious camping sites plus use of camp kitchen which includes fridge, electric frypan, toaster and electric jug.
- Very clean amenities complete with laundry facilities including free use of iron.
- Large park setting.
- Covered BBQ area with three electric BBQ’s available for patrons use free of charge and kitchen facilities opposite.
- Dogs allowed but MUST be on leash at all times and the usual ‘pick up after’ rules apply.
- Dogs are NOT allowed into any facilities including cabins.